The Creative Director reports to the Impetus Vice President of Marketing and is responsible for all aspects of the Impetus digital communication program.
The Creative Director will work with other members of the marketing, sales, product management and user experience leadership teams to establish the goals, strategy and execution to ensure a strong digital brand presence (i.e. both provider side and employer side) through the use of graphic design and website construction best practices.
A high priority would be placed on management ownership of the Impetus websites (e.g. www.impetus.com, www.streamanalytix.com) and other digital assets—ads, collateral, trade show booth designs, videos, posters, etc. The Creative Director will be responsible for directing creative strategy, layout, design, and copy writing; determining and monitoring production calendars in support of product roadmaps and campaign objectives; providing work direction and development to their globally distributed staff (i.e. U.S.A. and India).
- 15+ years of progressive experience in graphic design, user experience, messaging and branding.
- Excellent visual design sense as evidenced by a strong portfolio.
- Management, supervisory or creative lead position experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; experience hiring, orienting, training, managing work assignments, scheduling, coaching employees.
- Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Some B2B technology product company experience (e.g. client or employer) highly desirable.
- Strong team player/team builder who values collaboration and empowerment over a top down management style.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant four year college or university degree.
- Provide hands-on leadership and direction for the creation and maintenance of strong digital branding for all Impetus consulting service offerings and software products through clear and concise messaging and graphic beauty.
- Maximize digital branding through best practices for design, user experience, SEO, website stickiness and conversion.
- Develops marketing strategies by examining internal customer objectives; planning, scheduling, and completing design and production requirements for field marketing, direct marketing, telemarketing, trade shows and webinars, and advertising.
- Build and develop an effective staff of professionals committed to creativity, best practices, on-time delivery, team work and process improvement. Ensures staff is kept up-to-date with latest industry developments as well as the digital branding effectiveness of the industry leaders.
- Direct, review and approve all branding themes, design artifacts, and messaging copy.
- Collaborate powerfully with senior leadership peers, departmental stakeholders and internal customers to achieve Impetus goals for brand identity and awareness, lead generation, nurture marketing, and conversion.
- Improves marketing quality results by studying, evaluating, conducting retrospectives, and re-designing creative processes; implementing changes.
- Keeps clients informed by compiling, analyzing, and reporting marketing results; forwarding plan projections and updates.
- Work within departmental budgets.