Impetus Technologies Announces Solution to Easily Migrate Data Warehouse Workloads to Hadoop
Sep 28, 2015
Timely Solution With Proven Methodology Helps Enterprises Save Valuable Time by Automating the Data and Workload Migration Process
LOS GATOS, Calif. -- Impetus Technologies, a big data thought leader, software services and solutions company, today announced the availability of its Data Warehouse Workload Migration solution. This comprehensive suite of services and software utilities enable enterprises to quickly and easily identify, analyze and offload data and workloads from a traditional data warehouse to Hadoop.
According to industry analysts, there is a sweeping transformation of existing enterprise data warehouses underway today. This is driven by the need to perform analytics and reporting at big data scale, to perform real-time analytics on streamed data and have the ability to handle the wide variety of new, unstructured data sources. Because of this, organizations are looking for ways to leverage big data on Hadoop while complementing or extending their existing infrastructure. The Impetus Data Warehouse Workload Migration solution addresses this objective by providing enterprises with the ability to identify and safely migrate data, extract/transform/load (ETL) processing and large scale analytics from the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) to a big data warehouse (BDW) based on Hadoop ecosystem technologies.
The Workload Migration solution provides a comprehensive end-to-end solution encompassing:
- Services: Impetus Technologies experts utilize a repeatable methodology to deliver a customizable range of services from assessment and planning, through implementation and data quality validation, and
- Software Utilities: An automated migration toolset consisting of utilities that can be used by Impetus Technologies consultants or in-house staff to automate the conversion of existing SQL- based scripts into equivalent HiveQL for execution in the Hadoop environment. It also allows users to run a set of data quality functions to standardize, cleanse and de-dupe data. If desired, processed data can then be uploaded back to the source EDW for reporting purposes. Pre-built conversion logic is provided for IBM (DB2 and Netezza), Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle (Stored Procedures and SQL), and Teradata source data stores. Additionally, it includes a library of advanced data science machine learning algorithms for solving difficult data quality challenges.
Key benefits of the solution include:
- Accelerated offloading time and cost savings
- Delivers faster parallel and SQL processing using Hadoop along with streaming ETL options
- Maximizes existing SQL and stored procedure investments and reuse of tools
- Reduces Hadoop migration project risk through the use of proven best practices and automated quality assurance checks for data and logic.
"Enterprises are faced with many data warehouse challenges, but one of the greatest is determining how to safely and cost-effectively migrate exponentially growing data to a Hadoop-based big data warehouse," said Vineet Tyagi, CTO at Impetus Technologies. "To help large enterprises deal with this dilemma, we've created a powerful Workload Migration solution that provides functionality to not only offload, but also transform and analyze existing data and workloads from their current warehouse. Enterprises will finally be able to quickly and easily increase EDW efficiency and take advantage of advanced analytics – all while reducing the risk and the cost."
Impetus Technologies will be demonstrating the capabilities and benefits of its Workload Migration solution at the Strata + Hadoop World conference, Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2015, in New York, NY at booth number 520.