Leverage Open Source to reduce cost
The Open Source movement has revolutionized the manner in which software is being developed and deployed. It can speed time-to-market and deliver substantially lower licensing and maintenance costs. While the advantages are real, it is important to ensure that proper safeguards are in place to address the unique challenges it presents – including licensing, integration, support, and system interdependencies.
Impetus helps you gain insights on Open Source, its workings, impact on existing infrastructure, and the processes that best leverage its advantages. Having worked on various Open Source technologies - researching, implementing, and contributing to the community – we have in-depth knowledge on how best to apply Open Source technologies for optimal benefits.
We work with you through a structured process of identifying the best available Open Source technologies to solve your specific business or technology challenges. We
- Understand your systems and processes, and find synergies of Open Source tools and technologies with your existing architectures
- Help develop, integrate, and implement solutions around Open Source technologies, given any inherent challenges or possible risks
- Evolve your existing architectures in line with a defined technology or product roadmap to best leverage the options provided by Open Source technologies
Whether identifying technologies, moving towards open development, or participating in communities, we help you get the most out of your Open Source journey. We
- Assess the Open Source footprints in existing products and applications
- Define strategy for Open Source migration
- Analyze designing and developing migration strategies
- Test migrated applications
- Provide production support for Open Source components
- Train on Open Source stacks