Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is required
- Experience 5-10 years in ETL/DWH space
- Proven experience with Extract, Transform, Load tools – Informatica, SSIS, ODI, Pentaho Data Integration, etc.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Strong experience working with dedicated and matrixed resources as well as:
- Informatica Power Center
- Writing Complex SQL Queries
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Relational Database
- Other BI Tools with Business Objects, ECM; Archival experience a plus
- Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Data Mining, and Data Warehousing/Mart
- Relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning
- Demonstrated ability to prepare complex data models.
- Demonstrated experience in data integration and the specification of data services.
- Familiar with highly complex logical data design and data mapping or data conversion.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Design, develop, and test data processes per business requirements, following the development standards and best practices as well as participate in code peer reviews to ensure our applications comply with best practices.
- Work with business analysts to gather business requirements from end users and translate them into technical specifications.
- Gather requirements to define data definitions, transformation logic, and data model logical and physical designs, data flow, and process.
- To be responsible for providing technical guidance/solutions.
- Provide estimates for development.
- Perform data analysis and data profiling against source systems and data warehouse.
- Design data marts to support Business Intelligence reporting.
- Design ETL processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Assist developers with difficult Oracle PL/SQL/Netezza /Teradata code and stored procedures.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain custom Oracle/Netezza /Teradata applications written in PL/SQL.
- Conduct reviews of developed code.
- Test solutions to validate whether requirements have been met, develop test plans, test scripts, and test conditions based on the business and system requirements.
- Provide end-user support in post-deployment phases; assess and evaluate all feedback to ensure that requirements necessary to correct issues are addressed.