Senior Analytics Engineer
The Analytics Engineer will be responsible for modeling and analysis of data for mining of useful patterns used for business and other purposes. He should be able to understand data by performing exploratory data analysis, visualize it, process it using various data mining/machine learning algorithms like classification, clustering, recommendation, extract value from it and communicate it effectively.
- Processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Thinking about uses of data for various business purposes.
- Using various algorithms from statistics, machine learning or pattern recognition to find patterns in the data.
- Visualizing and reporting data findings in a variety of formats.
- Researching and implementing new algorithms in data analysis.
Required skills and attributes:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related technical fields, Master’s required.
- Ability to extract, and clean data, visualize it, communicate it and utilize it.
- Strong mathematics and statistics skills.
- Ability to use computers to extract value from data.
- Exposure in few of R/SAS/MATLAB/Octave/Mahout/Excel/ with proficiency in one. Proficiency in R a big plus.
- Coursework or practical experience with data mining/business intelligence/statistics.
- Coursework or practical experience with building algorithms.
- Strong problem solving and logical skills.
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Knowledge of Hadoop (and other big data technologies), SQL and Java/C/C++ is desirable but not required