Organizations are migrating to the cloud to gain elasticity, scalability, and speed, and to align computing data and AI investments with business requirements. Amidst this rush to the cloud, 60% of companies say that their cloud costs are too high and 82% cite managing cloud spend as their top challenge in 2023, according to industry reports. They encounter uncontrolled expansion with cloud elasticity, an inability to allocate costs, tech debt from outdated migration methods, and complexity with multi-cloud environments.
Without visibility into cost drivers and usage trends, executives and managers find themselves lacking accurate information as they confront tough decisions about whether to reduce spending, halt cloud migrations, or allocate resources to different operations. IT managers cannot detect wasted utilization and are unable to identify problems that drive up costs and negatively affect the business. Uninformed decisions have major repercussions for critical business operations, including innovative generative AI and ML initiatives.
Join this fireside chat to learn how you can pivot your strategy from a simple cloud-first approach to become cloud-smart. Speakers will discuss how to optimize cost and performance across the entire data environment, both in the cloud and on premises. We will discuss opportunities for better monitoring visibility into cloud spending, detecting issues automatically with AI, and developing actionable plans for managing and optimizing your entire data environment in alignment with your business priorities.
Topics will include:
- Obtaining granular visibility, including in multi-cloud environments, for faster identification of bottlenecks and cost generators
- Ensuring predictable budget planning with accurate cost predictions
- Elevating engineering and product decisions to be based on value and not arbitrary spending limitations
- Using AI and automation to detect anomalies, take action, and notify stakeholders
- Utilizing chargebacks for cost allocation and enhancing FinOps maturity
- Employing best practices for cloud and data platform cost optimization
VP GTM Strategy-Unified Data Platform Services
Senior Director of Engineering- Enterprise Solutions
Senior Director of Research for BI, TDWI